2401 Walnut is a communal space. Be mindful of the staff and your fellow students by treating the space with respect and understanding your community impact.
- Clean up after yourself
- If you move chairs, move them back to their original location
- Adhere to all building policies and room capacities
2401 usage increases every year – if you’re planning an event, we recommend you submit a request for space as early as possible in advance of your event date.
- The facilities are open to Wharton’s MBA students from 9 am – 12 am on weekdays, and from 9 am – 9 pm on weekends. Summer Hours: 8 am – 8 pm on weekdays, and from 9 am – 8 pm on weekends.
- Access to the building is limited to current students and staff of Wharton with an active fob on a valid PennCard.
- A student can have a maximum of two (2) guests at a time in the building, and each guest has to be signed in by the student. The guest policy may be modified for special events at the discretion of staff. See the Guest Policy for more details.
- See Reserving a GSR or Conference Room for details on booking space at 2401.
- The person or group that requests the use of the facility shall be responsible for maintaining the space in good condition. Also, see Kitchen Rules.
- Dance practice is not permitted at 2401 Walnut Street.
- The administrators reserve the right to reject any request for use of these facilities and to terminate use at any time upon failure of a person/group to comply fully with all the policies and safety procedures. Also see Event Logistics and Special Event Guidelines.
- The noise level must be maintained so that it does not interfere with other activities scheduled within the facility. No form of sound amplification shall be used without obtaining special permission from the staff.
- Tables, chairs and all other items from a room may not be moved outside the room or to another room.
- Nothing may be glued, taped or affixed in any way to the walls, doors, floors and ceilings in the rooms or the hallways. See Posters/Promotion Policy.
- Absolutely no alcohol allowed on the premises. We do not have a license to allow alcohol consumption either in the space occupied by the Office of Student Life or anywhere in the entire building.
- In addition to alcohol, the following are also not permitted on our floor at 2401 Walnut per our lease and agreement with the building owner:
Animals (Service Animals require documentation);
Bicycles (Ride them to the building, but don’t bring them inside);
Smoking and vaping (there is a smoking area outside the first-floor entrance)
- Each student is responsible for his or her own actions, and also for the actions of their guests. Those who violate this policy will be personally liable for what happens, legally and according to the University. See Ethics Code.
- The administration will not be held responsible for loss or damage suffered to personal property left anywhere within the 2401 Walnut complex.
- Access to 2401 Walnut is a privilege, not a right. Students who do not adhere to building policies, and don’t respect the space and staff risk losing access.
- Any issues, contact 2401walnut@Wharton.upenn.edu