We are excited to have a kitchen for you at 2401 Walnut. This is one of the best perks of having our own space, which we hope will contribute to your health, convenience and wallet. Please be mindful of others sharing the common kitchen space, and use your common sense in helping us keep the area clean and functional. Here are also some basic courtesy rules to follow so we can keep the kitchen space running smoothly.
- Read and follow all signs in the kitchen.
- Wash all dishes that you use, but do not leave them lying in the sink.
- Clean up any spills on tables and countertops.
- Wipe out the microwave after use particularly if your food splattered inside.
- If you use a sponge, please rinse it out before putting it away.
- Sponges are to be used only for dishes.
- Throw away or recycle any wrappers, containers, peelings etc. that you no longer want.
- Do not leave leftovers on counter tops. Please label, date, and put away anything you wish to keep in pantry/refrigerator.
- Respect other people’s labeled foods.
- Anything that is left out unlabeled will be considered to be common property, and may be consumed or thrown away.
- If you intentionally wish to leave something in the kitchen to share something with others, please write “Share” on it and date it.
- Thursday is the dump day. Let’s ensure we don’t have a skunky fridge with forgotten food in there for weeks. If you don’t want something thrown out, please leave a post saying “Do Not Throw” on the item.
- Thou shall not steal. Lunch theft may seem like small potatoes, but in a communal environment, it’s a big deal. Never take anyone else’s lunch knowingly without asking.
- If you see something running out (paper towels, sponges soap, etc.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or notify one of the Associate Directors.
Please help us enforce these rules. If you see someone violating these courtesy rules, please let us know.